|Date||15/06/2012 - 10:00 to 17:00|
|Non Members Price||£160.00+VAT|
|Click here to download a Booking Form|
|Course Outcome: By the end of the training course participants will understand the way in which accounting systems work and be able to identify the best way to manage their own organisation’s finance. They will be able to:|
• Compile budgets covering projects and allocation of core costs
• Put together a cashflow forecast
• Compile management accounts to report to their board and funders comparing actual results with the budgets
• Read the financial statements of their organisation with more confidence
• Use accounting information as part of the forward planning process.
|Target Audience: This course is aimed at anyone who is new to financial management responsibilities or who wishes to expand their skill base. It would also be useful to anyone who does not actually have to do the financial input but need to understand what is happening within their systems.|
|Approach: The course will be based around a number of practical exercises and discussion designed to be adaptable to the practical, everyday needs of individual participants. Course notes and reference material are provided.|
Maureen McCulloch is a senior lecturer in accounting at Oxford Brookes University. She is a qualified accountant specialising in the not-for-profit sector, particularly theatre. She has been the Finance Director of the Reading Agency, Malvern Theatres and the Swan Theatre in Worcester. She has been a freelance trainer in the arts for twenty years.