The Independent Theatre Council is the management association and industry lead body for performing arts organisations and individuals working in the field of drama, dance, opera and music theatre, mime and physical theatre, circus, puppetry, street arts and mixed media. ITC members are based throughout the UK and work extensively both nationally and across the world producing some of the best new work in the performing arts today.
It is our mission to facilitate the creation of excellent professional performing arts by supporting, developing and representing the people who manage and produce it.
ITC membership is for organisations of all sizes and stages of development. Our network has a national reach and supports both venues and companies. ITC welcomes all theatre professionals who support our values.
ITC believes that the performing arts:
• Have the power and potential to change lives – being a vehicle for social, emotional and intellectual development
• Must be available and accessible to the ‘many’ not just the ‘few’
• Succeed most effectively when people are put before profit
• Thrive on excellent, entrepreneurial management
What We Provide for Our Members
• Advice on a full range of legal, management and financial topics, including: copyright, employment, contracts, tax, business planning, organisational structure and staff development
• A strong voice for the UK performing arts sector – raising its profile and representing its interests with policy makers.
• A range of tailored professional development opportunities including in-house and on-line
• DBS (formerlly CRB) disclosure service
• National and regional networking events and industry conferences, helping to create a thriving community of performing arts professionals.
• Access to the members only area of the website with help sheets on contracts, employment law, finance and much more, as well as regular newsletters.
• Expert help with not-for-profit company formation and charity status applications
• Discounted insurance packages with Performers Insurance
• Industrial relations and contracts vetting
To talk to a member of staff t: 0207 403 1727 or email email@example.com