Eastern Angles Theatre Company combines heritage with theatre to make regional stories and hidden histories come to life on stage.
We provide professional rural touring and site-specific theatre with a focus on new writing, new audiences and the development of new talent. Our stories and themes are derived from our sense of place, specifically East Anglia and the East of England.
Since forming in 1982, Eastern Angles have blazed a trail across East Anglia over 30 plus years and expanded to national tours and Edinburgh Festival residencies.
Based in Ipswich at the Sir John Mills Theatre, the company has a second base in Peterborough at Chauffeur’s Cottage. Eastern Angles has performed across Peterborough including outside the city’s Cathedral, the Key Theatre and Nene Park. In October 2016, we opened a new theatre space: The Undercroft at Serpentine Green Shopping Centre.
Our mission is to...
- provide high quality theatre
- maintain and promote a regional identity
- tour to theatre, non-theatre and community venues
- develop and produce new and original work
Eastern Angles current annual programme includes:
- Spring Tour - a community tour to village halls and small scale venues in Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk throughout March to June
- Engine Room – a Peterborough festival focused on new writing and developing local talent during the Autumn based at The Undercroft
- The alternative to the Christmas panto – Eastern Angles unique Christmas comedy touring to Ipswich, Woodbridge and Peterborough over December and January
Eastern Angles also commission new plays, provide workshops for schools with professional actors and directors and create community performances.
- Musical Theatre
- New Writing
- Rural Touring
- Site Specific