The training course will look at the fundamentals of a strengths-based approach to difficult conversations, and how to turn potential difficult conversations into opportunities for more productive and positive relationships in the workplace.
This will be a highly engaging and interactive course, using a range of learning activities – presentation, demonstration, pair and group work, discussion and skills practice with feedback. Alasdair uses a group coaching approach, to help make the theory more vivid and meaningful.
- Values-based conversations – Empathy, positive regard, authenticity, and curiosity
- The Drama Triangle and the cycle of behaviour change as tools to help make sense of difficult behaviours
- Building self-awareness to be able to regulate ourselves under pressure
- Using examples of actual situations encountered or those we fear we may encounter; we will see demonstrations of specific techniques in action and have opportunities to practise these in a safe learning environment
- Using our learning diaries, we will plan how we will use these strategies and techniques in the months ahead as part of embedding the learning
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wishes to improve how they have complex or sensitive conversations, whatever their role or position in the organisation.
Alasdair Cant has over 25 years experience as a Trainer, Accredited Coach and Facilitator working with teams and individuals to fulfil their potential in the arts, education, health, criminal justice, social care and the private sector.
With a background in education, Alasdair established the training department for a national charity and later for Westminster City Council. Since 1997, he has built his own training and coaching practice based in Cambridge, specialising in Motivational Interviewing and Management and Leadership development. He has delivered successful training courses with ITC over many years.
Prices and How to Book
ITC members rate: £138 (£115+VAT) | EARLY BIRD: £120 (£100+VAT) – login to access
Non-members rate: £222 (£185 +VAT) | EARLY BIRD: £192 (£160+VAT)
Book your place by selecting one ticket per attendee and filling in each person’s details. Tickets are limited.
Time / Date
10:00 – 16:30 on 2nd May 2023
This course will take place at The Albany, Douglas Way, London, SE8 4AG
If covid-19 restrictions or guidance changes, this will be subject to review.
Please contact us to discuss reasonable adjustments as far in advance as possible.
Bookings are registered on receipt of the course fee. As there are limited places on this course places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Outstanding payments may be cancelled in order for others to book and attend. Please find our full booking terms and conditions, including the cancellation policy here.