What is this course about?
What you’ll learn –
- Health and Safety Law} a brief overview
- Sentencing Guidelines}
- What is a risk assessment and why have a method statement too?
- Common hazards including Covid-19
- Hierarchy of Control – what are the most useful and important mitigations
What you’ll do in groups of 3 or 4 –
- Write a Method statement for your show/event
- Write a Risk Assessment for the same show/event
- Write a method statement and risk assessment for a different show/event in a different venue with different elements
- Share with the other groups
Who is this course for?Anyone who has responsibility for writing and/or reviewing risk assessments or who would like to get a better understanding of what’s involved and why.
This course offers a mix of the trainer’s presentation and group practical exercises. There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions and share your own experiences.
Fiona Greenhill – Health and Safety Officer for ten years within roles at the Albany (Head of Operations), the Roundhouse (Head of Technical and Production) and the Almeida (Operations Director).
Written, reviewed and signed off Risk Assessments for theatre, opera, circus, live music, outdoor events and festivals and corporate events. IOSH Managing Safely trained. Fiona now works as a Leadership Coach, Trainer and Consultant.
Tuesday 21st March 2023, 10:00 – 13:30
Prices and How to Book
ITC members rate: £36 (£30+VAT) – login to access
Non-members rate: £60 (£50+VAT)
Book your place by selecting one ticket per attendee and filling in each person’s details. Tickets are limited.
This course will take place online. Joining information will be sent out 24 hours before the session.
Please get in touch with us to discuss reasonable adjustments as far in advance as possible.
Book your place by selecting one ticket per attendee and filling in each person’s details. Tickets are limited.Bookings are registered on receipt of the course fee. As there are limited places on this course places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Outstanding payments may be cancelled in order for others to book and attend. Please find our full booking terms and conditions, including the cancellation policy here.