Trainer and tour booker Mark Makin will guide you through the particular set of skills and specialist knowledge that you need to successfully book a tour.
This course will enable you to:
- Organise a realistic tour schedule and budget
- Present your company and shows to potential bookers in the best light
- Understand the different financial and contractual deal options
- Start building relationships with suitable venues for your work
- Market your shows effectively
- Develop systems for contracting and managing tours
- Understand the basics of overseas tour booking
‘Essential training for anybody looking to book a tour.’ Nisha Modhwadia, The Birmingham Repertory Theatre
This course is aimed at those new to the responsibility of tour booking. Though it starts with basic principles, it will also be helpful to those wishing to refresh their knowledge and improve their skills. This course is applicable to both dance and theatre companies.
Mark will share his own experiences of the industry as he takes you through the process of booking and managing a tour using case studies. Participants are encouraged to share their own knowledge and ask questions relating to their specific situations. Course notes and reference materials are provided.
Mark Makin established makin projects in September 2005. Makin projects handles both national and international tour booking, as well as co-producing several new touring productions each season. Mark is also the programme manager at the Arts Council England funded initiative housetheatre.org.uk and is the founder and co-director of both the Leamington Spa and the Cheltenham Spa Comedy Festivals.
£125+VAT (£150) for ITC members and £175+VAT (£210) for non-members.
This course is also part of our Producers Package, more details here
The Albany, Douglas Way, London, SE8 4AG
For more information please call us on 0207 403 1727