This practical course allows you to examine how to bring projects large or small to a successful conclusion on time and within a specified budget. This training course will increase your confidence and competence to deliver successful projects.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe Project Management and how it differs from other areas of work
- Ensure the aim of a project is clear and aligned to your organisation’s purpose
- Put in place objectives that are meaningful and useful for monitoring
- Plan activities to achieve these objectives using appropriate tools such as Gantt charts and budgets
- Anticipate potential pitfalls and put in place steps to avoid them
- Identify personal strengths and areas for development in the context of Project Management
‘Amazing training day! I highly recommend it for anyone managing theatre projects of any size!’ Jane Crawshaw, TRAUM Theatre
This course is aimed at anyone who runs projects of any size as part of their overall day-to-day work. It’s not just for project managers but is also suitable for those who want to become more efficient in their approach to specific work assignments.
Using plain language and building on participants' actual experiences the course moves methodically through the different stages required to start, progress and successfully conclude a project.
Alasdair Cant is Director of Alasdair Cant and Associates. He has provided independent training and development services since 1997 across a broad spectrum of organisations in the public, commercial and voluntary sectors. With a background in education and management, he specialises in developing good communication with individuals and organisations, particularly in resolving difficulties or conflict. More details can be found at www.cambridgetraining.org
£125+VAT (£150) for ITC members and £175+VAT (£210) for non-members.
The Albany, Douglas Way, London, SE8 4AG
For more information please call us on 0207 403 1727