This half day training course looks at the differences between freelancers and employees and explains how to draft contracts that are appropriate.
By the end of the session you will:
- Recognise the legal differences between employees and freelancers.
- Be aware of the different contractual provisions needed for employees and freelancers.
- Know what the law says must go in an employee’s contract.
- Understand why some provisions should not be contractual.
- Have template contracts for employees and freelancers and an understanding of how to adapt them for different roles in your own organisations.
‘It was great to go through each stage of creating a new contract and share our thought and questions along the way.’ Anna Jones, Youth Music Theatre UK
This course will be particularly helpful to anyone who ever has to draft contracts for people working for their organisation.
The course will be informal with plenty of opportunity to ask questions and talk about your own situation. Course notes and reference materials are provided.
Jackie Elliman is ITC’s Legal & Industrial Relations Manager. Jackie studied Drama at Manchester University and Law at the College of Law and has worked for Equity, UK Theatre/SOLT and a wide range of performing arts companies. She is a trained lawyer, mediator and arbitrator and regularly advises ITC members on contract drafting.
£65+VAT (£78) for ITC members and £90+VAT (£108) for non-members.
This course is part of our General Manager & Administrator Package, click here for more information
The Albany, Douglas Way, London, SE8 4AG
For more information please call us on 0207 403 1727