This course will help you consider how best to both run and be part of a strong and effective board.
By the end of the session you will:
• Understand the roles and responsibilities of Board members
• Have strategies for getting the best from your Board
• Have explored recruitment, induction and engagement of board members
• Understand relevant company and charity law and processes relating to boards
• Have practical ideas about how to be a more effective board member
• Be able to run better board meetings / contribute more to board meetings
• Understand the professional development opportunities of being on a board
• Understand the Chair/CEO relationship
This course is suitable for CEO’s, artistic directors and general managers of either established or new companies, who are keen to make their boards better or set up strong ones. It is also suitable for existing Board Members, Chairs and arts professionals considering board membership.
The course will provide essential legal and organisational information whilst offering plenty of opportunity for discussion, exploration of communication techniques and practical exercises. Course notes and reference materials are provided.
Charlotte Jones is Chief Executive of ITC and was, until recently, Chair of Governors at Sydenham School. She trained as a lawyer and has many years’ experience of advising arts organisations on governance issues. She has worked with many arts boards on strategic planning, senior recruitment and governance effectiveness.
£135+VAT (£162) for ITC members and £195+VAT (£234) for non-members. Early Bird rates available three weeks in advance.
This course is part of our Leadership Package, click here for more information.
Bring a board member for free!
ITC are offering attendees to bring a member of their board with them for free. We find that this can be a useful way of engaging your board in governance development. To take up this offer please email Zoe on firstname.lastname@example.org after you have made your booking.
The Albany, Douglas Way, London, SE8 4AG
For more information or to discuss access needs, please call (0207 403 1727) or email us
Bookings are registered on receipt of the course fee. As there is are limited places on our courses places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Outstanding payments may be cancelled in order for others to book and attend. Please find our full booking terms and conditions, including the cancellation policy here.