This half day training course looks at the differences between freelancers and employees and explains how to draft contracts that are appropriate.
By the end of the session you will:
- Recognise the legal differences between employees and freelancers.
- Be aware of the different contractual provisions needed for employees and freelancers.
- Know what the law says must go in an employee’s contract.
- Understand why some provisions should not be contractual.
- Have template contracts for employees and freelancers and an understanding of how to adapt them for different roles in your own organisations.
‘It was great to go through each stage of creating a new contract and share our thought and questions along the way.’ Anna Jones, Youth Music Theatre UK
This course will be particularly helpful to anyone who ever has to draft contracts for people working for their organisation.
The course will be informal with plenty of opportunity to ask questions and talk about your own situation. Course notes and reference materials are provided.
This course will be covered by Charlotte Jones, Chief Executive of ITC. She trained as a lawyer and has many years’ experience of negotiating contracts and representing ITC and its members to funders, supporters, politicians, the press and media, development agencies and the wider creative and cultural sector.
£75+VAT (£90) for ITC members and £105+VAT (£126) for non-members. Early Bird rates available three weeks in advance.
This course is part of our General Manager & Administrator Package, click here for more information
The Albany, Douglas Way, London, SE8 4AG
For more information or to discuss access needs, please call 0207 403 1727 or email us
Bookings are registered on receipt of the course fee. As there is are limited places on our courses places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Outstanding payments may be cancelled in order for others to book and attend. Please find our full booking terms and conditions, including the cancellation policy here.