This course will help you to consider how digital technology and social media can be used as part of a creative marketing strategy.
During the day you will cover:
• How to choose which platforms and tools serve you best
• Setting targets, analysing results and evaluating successes
• How to create and share content that drives brand awareness, audience engagement and sales
• Auditing where you/your organisation currently sit, and what steps you can take to move forward
• Creating a content calendar and managing time spent on ‘invisible’ work
• Planning specific campaigns and supporting ongoing marketing goals
• Practical exercises using examples from the arts world and your own organisations
This course is aimed at arts organisations or individuals who are looking to expand their understanding and knowledge of digital marketing and thinking more creatively. A basic knowledge of digital marketing and social media is advised, although some elements will be covered during the session.
Using a number of case studies as examples of creative digital marketing, participants will experience a mixture of trainer's presentation and informal discussions in this course.
Eleanor Turney is a freelance arts consultant, writer and editor. She has undertaken marketing and social media consultancy for the British Council, BBC Radio 4 and Manchester International Festival, and has worked for theatre clients including Gecko, New Diorama, Red Earth Theatre, Donmar Warehouse, Live Theatre, Battersea Arts Centre and Squint Theatre. She has written for The Guardian, The Stage, Exeunt Magazine, The Independent and the Financial Times, and was Managing Editor of The Space. She is the Director of Incoming Festival and the editor of Learning in Public: TransEuropean Collaborations in Socially Engaged Art. eleanorturney.co.uk
£135+VAT (£162) for ITC members and £195+VAT (£234) for non-members. Early Bird rates available three weeks in advance.
This course is part of our Producer's Package, click here for more information
The Albany, Douglas Way, London, SE8 4AG
The training room will open at 10am please arrive ready to start promptly at 10:30am.
For more information or to discuss access needs, please call (0207 403 1727) or email us
Bookings are registered on receipt of the course fee. As there is are limited places on our courses places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Outstanding payments may be cancelled in order for others to book and attend. Please find our full booking terms and conditions, including the cancellation policy here.