This course is about successful performance management, staff development and well-being. It will cover designing and developing a suitable appraisal process and the skills involved in conducting constructive appraisals.
The online course offers a mix of the trainer’s presentation and group discussion. There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions and share your own experiences.
Charlotte Jones is Chief Executive of ITC. She trained as a lawyer and has many years’ experience of negotiating contracts and representing ITC and its members to funders, supporters, politicians, the press and media, development agencies and the wider creative and cultural sector.
How to Book
Book your place via this web page. Places are limited.
The day before we will send you the Zoom joining instructions. Please read Top Tips for using Zoom below for ensure the smooth running on the session.
As there is are limited places on this course places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please find our full booking terms and conditions, including the cancellation policy here.
Top Tips for using Zoom
- Make sure you have a strong reliable internet connection. This is imperative to getting the most out of the session and connecting with people.
- It is best to use Zoom on a PC or laptop, tablets can be used but some of the features are limited.
- Your video/webcam and microphone will need to be on for this course.
- If possible, try to use a headset instead of your computer’s built-in audio. Zoom works just fine with the built-ins, but the quality is even sharper with higher quality hardware.
- Your camera should be at eye level. Adjust your camera if it is too low or high, if possible seeing you from the chest or waist up is good, instead of just seeing your face. Make sure you have a comfortable chair.
- Lighting can make a difference - position yourself so that most of the light is coming from in front of you (behind your monitor), instead of behind you. If you have a window behind you, shut the blinds, otherwise your face will be difficult to see.
- Find a quiet space for the duration, shut the door, ask people not to disturb you, silence all notifications from all devices, including phones and mute yourself as necessary.
- Have some water to drink, a notebook and a pen available.