This training course will teach you how to aid team morale and motivate staff in an increasingly demanding and changing arts management environment. Using a motivational skills approach, this course gives practical ways to keep morale and productivity as high as possible.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Be clear about the fundamentals of a motivational skills approach in management
- Have an awareness of the cycle of change, both external (imposed) and internal (chosen), and how this affects organisations and individuals
- To be able to use a clear framework to have conversations that influence behaviour positively
- To be able to deal with resistance and ambivalence creatively and effectively
- To have opportunities to apply theory to practice in a safe learning environment
‘I set out to be more confident in managing and communicating with a team and I feel that I have achieved that, so thank you!’ Jenny Dewar from Curious Monkey Theatre
This course is for managers or those who have some management responsibility both directly in the organisation and indirectly within partnerships. The programme focuses on aspects of the role that are often assumed, rarely developed, yet critical to getting the best from people.
This course combines the trainer’s presentation, group discussion and practical exercises. Course notes and reference materials are provided.
Alasdair Cant is Director of Alasdair Cant and Associates. He has provided independent training and development services since 1997 across a broad spectrum of organisations in the public, commercial and voluntary sectors. With a background in education and management, he specialises in developing good communication with individuals and organisations, particularly in resolving difficulties or conflict. More details can be found at www.cambridgetraining.org
£125+VAT (£150) for ITC members and £175+VAT (£210) for non-members.
This course is also part of our Leadership Package, more details here
The Albany, Douglas Way, London, SE8 4AG
For more information please call us on 0207 403 1727