This course will demystify accounting procedures and jargon, giving you the understanding needed to use your own financial systems for planning and reporting.
By the end of the training course participants will be able to:
- Compile budgets covering projects and allocation of core costs
- Put together a cashflow forecast
- Compile management accounts to report to their board and funders comparing actual results with the budgets
- Read the financial statements of their organisation with more confidence
- Use accounting information as part of the forward planning process
‘Clear answers given to all my most pressing questions.’ Sian Williams, Boiling Kettle Theatre Company
This course is aimed at anyone who is new to financial management responsibilities or who wishes to expand their skill base.
The course will be based around a number of practical exercises and discussion designed to be adaptable to the practical, everyday needs of individual participants. Course notes and reference material are provided.
Maureen McCulloch is a senior lecturer in accounting at Oxford Brookes University. She is a qualified accountant specialising in the not-for-profit sector, particularly theatre. She has been the Finance Director of The Reading Agency, Malvern Theatres and the Swan Theatre in Worcester. She has been a freelance trainer in the arts for twenty years.
£125+VAT (£150) for ITC members and £175+VAT (£210) for non-members.
Deptford Lounge, 9 Giffin St, Deptford, London SE8 4RJ
For more information please call us on 0207 403 1727