ITC is the management association for theatre's independent sector. We are a community of peers spread across the UK working in drama, dance, opera and musical theatre, mime and physical theatre, circus, puppetry, street arts and mixed media. ITC exists to enable the creation of high quality professional performing arts by supporting, representing and developing those who manage and produce it..
ITC welcomes all theatre professionals who share our values and our membership agreement.
ITC Membership Agreement & Values
As an ITC member I/we recognise:
- That the performing arts have the power and potential to change lives
- That the performing arts should be available to the many not the few.
- That the performing arts thrive when people are put before profit.
- The value of contributing to a community of performing arts professionals
As an ITC Member I/we committ to:
- Bring high quality, imaginative art to the widest possible audience.
- Provide the best possible working conditions and pay.
- Promote inclusion, equal opportunities and diversity.
- Share knowledge and experience with peers.
- Actively engage with ITC and use their expertise to underpin my/our best practise
What We Provide for Our Members
Unlimited advice on a full range of legal, managerial and financial topics including: copyright, employment and dismissals, contracts, tax, business planning, organisational structure and staff development.
A strong voice for the UK performing arts sector – raising its profile and representing its interests with policy makers.
A range of tailored professional development opportunities
DBS disclosure service.
National and regional networking events and industry conferences, helping to create a thriving community of performing arts professionals.
Access to online helpsheets on contracts, employment law, finance and much more, as well as regular newsletters.
Personal support and guidance through the Company Registration and Charitable Status application processes, (we charge for this support, at competitive rates, currently £200 + VAT for each process).
You can join ITC as an independent producer or as an organisation. You can see how our payment structure works here. If you're unsure which membership would suit you best please get in touch.