Book a course
Our training courses are designed to provide you with a resilient toolkit of essential skills and specialist knowledge needed to run a performing arts company successfully.
Book a Course
- Values-based conversations – Empathy, positive regard, authenticity, and curiosity
- The Drama Triangle and the cycle of behaviour change as tools to help make sense of difficult behaviours
- Building self-awareness to be able to regulate ourselves under pressure
- Using examples of actual situations encountered or those we fear we may encounter; we will see demonstrations of specific techniques in action and have opportunities to practise these in a safe learning environment
- Using our learning diaries, we will plan how we will use these strategies and techniques in the months ahead as part of embedding the learning
What you’ll learn –
- Health and Safety Law} a brief overview
- Sentencing Guidelines}
- What is a risk assessment and why have a method statement too?
- Common hazards including Covid-19
- Hierarchy of Control – what are the most useful and important mitigations
What you’ll do in groups of 3 or 4 –
- Write a Method statement for your show/event
- Write a Risk Assessment for the same show/event
- Write a method statement and risk assessment for a different show/event in a different venue with different elements
- Share with the other groups
Fiona Greenhill – Health and Safety Officer for ten years within roles at the Albany (Head of Operations), the Roundhouse (Head of Technical and Production) and the Almeida (Operations Director).
Written, reviewed and signed off Risk Assessments for theatre, opera, circus, live music, outdoor events and festivals and corporate events. IOSH Managing Safely trained. Fiona now works as a Leadership Coach, Trainer and Consultant.Date Tuesday 21st March 2023, 10:00 – 13:30 Prices and How to Book ITC members rate: £36 (£30+VAT) – login to access Non-members rate: £60 (£50+VAT) Book your place by selecting one ticket per attendee and filling in each person’s details. Tickets are limited. Location This course will take place online. Joining information will be sent out 24 hours before the session. Please get in touch with us to discuss reasonable adjustments as far in advance as possible. Book your place by selecting one ticket per attendee and filling in each person’s details. Tickets are limited. Bookings are registered on receipt of the course fee. As there are limited places on this course places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Outstanding payments may be cancelled in order for others to book and attend. Please find our full booking terms and conditions, including the cancellation policy here.
- Organise a realistic tour schedule and budget
- Present your company and shows to potential bookers in the best light
- Understand the different financial and contractual deal options
- Start building relationships with suitable venues for your work
- ‘Selling’ your shows to programmers effectively
- Develop systems for contracting and managing tours
- Understand the basics of overseas tour booking
ITC is a community of over 450 performing arts companies and producers. Join us to take advantage of the considerable benefits that we offer our members.Join us