This two and a half hour online course will help you consider how best to both run and be part of a strong and effective board.
By the end of the session you will:
• Understand the roles and responsibilities of Board members
• Have strategies for getting the best from your Board
• Have explored recruitment, induction and engagement of board members
• Understand relevant company and charity law and processes relating to boards
• Have practical ideas about how to be a more effective board member
• Be able to run better board meetings / contribute more to board meetings
• Understand the professional development opportunities of being on a board
• Understand the Chair/CEO relationship
The online course offers a mix of the trainer’s presentation and group discussion. There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions and share your own experiences.
Charlotte Jones is Chief Executive of ITC. She trained as a lawyer and has many years’ experience of negotiating contracts and representing ITC and its members to funders, supporters, politicians, the press and media, development agencies and the wider creative and cultural sector.
Prices and How to Book
ITC members rate: £36 (£30+VAT) (login in to access) Non-members rate £60 (£50+VAT)
Book your place by selecting one ticket per attendee and filling in each person’s details. Tickets are limited.
The day before we will send you the Zoom joining instructions.
Bookings are registered on receipt of the course fee. As there is are limited places on this course places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Outstanding payments may be cancelled in order for others to book and attend. Please find our full booking terms and conditions, including the cancellation policy here.